Boston Private is a leading provider of fully integrated wealth management, trust and private banking services. For more than 25 years, Boston Private has taken a highly personalized approach to serving the complex financial needs of individuals, families, business owners, private partnerships, nonprofits and community partners. Boston Private is also an active provider of financing for affordable housing, first-time homebuyers, economic development, social services, community revitalization and small businesses.
Headquartered in Boston, Boston Private has offices across the U.S. including Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and South Florida. Private banking and trust services are provided through Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. Wealth management services are provided through Boston Private Wealth LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser and a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.
The Mortgage Closer is responsible for ensuring all loans are closed accurately. This individual will assemble, prepare and review critical closing documents for mortgage loans; readying documents for the Closing & Loan Review Manager.
• Schedule loan closings with Bank attorneys and escrow/title officers to complete and verify all closing instructions have been followed
• Prepare residential loan closing documentation for portfolio and secondary market loan closings in numerous states including California, Florida and Massachusetts.
• Ability to learn Banks Encompass processing system and the Banks IDS closing system and Banks ELynx system.
• Responsible for preparing initial, final and post consummate Closing Disclosures, reviewing Hazard and Flood Insurance binders prior to funding.
• Responsible for completing Flood Worksheets and verifying Flood and Hazard Insurance Coverage to ensure there is adequate coverage.
• Responsible for completing funding sheets and loan set up sheets so that new loans can be entered on the Banks FISERV loan system.
• Scan all legal files to Encompass and ship all secondary market loans to investors electronically according to each investor’s checklist.
• Complete closed loan file review using Sold Loan Document Review Checklist.
• Follow up, review, scan and submit all final documents for each secondary market loan to all investors
• Accurately complete and review HMDA processing sheets and enter HMDA data into HMDA screens in Encompass.
• Accurately review the file CIP Form for completion
• Track, clear and upload all suspense items from all investors within time frame given
• Review Borrower Best Interest Worksheets for accuracy.
• Review Mavent Reports
• Familiar with preparing initial escrow statements and closing loans with mortgage insurance
• Familiar with the concepts and documents required to prepare a residential mortgage loan transactions including rescission rules, escrow analysis, flood, loan caps/margin, program parameters and lending regulations.
• Experience with preparing closing and reviewing documents for secondary market investors. This includes being familiar with using secondary market seller guides to locate investor documentation.
• Applicant must be very detail oriented, be able to learn new concepts quickly and be familiar with all residential lending regulations.
• At least 2- 3 years of experience with preparing closing packages that meet FNMA guidelines.
• Applicant must be detail oriented, able to learn new concepts quickly and be able to work well under pressure.
• Experience with reviewing title reports (not mandatory)
• Experience with agencies that provide grants for closing cost assistance and down payment assistance