Boston Private is a leading provider of fully integrated wealth management, trust and private banking services. For more than 25 years, Boston Private has taken a highly personalized approach to serving the complex financial needs of individuals, families, business owners, private partnerships, nonprofits and community partners. Boston Private is also an active provider of financing for affordable housing, first-time homebuyers, economic development, social services, community revitalization and small businesses.
Headquartered in Boston, Boston Private has offices across the U.S. including Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and South Florida. Private banking and trust services are provided through Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. Wealth management services are provided through Boston Private Wealth LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser and a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.
The Wealth Strategist provides expert advice and thought leadership in specialty areas for high net worth clients and prospects ($5+mm in liquid assets). They are responsible for the development of a wealth planning strategy, ensuring the alignment of the client’s financial goals and all of their assets. They provide overall wealth planning expertise, with significant depth in one or more area including Estate Plan Design, Retirement Planning, Trust, Tax and Gifting Strategies. They will serve as a resource for the ongoing administration of complex fiduciary relationships.
• Develops, consults on, and implements financial plans for HNW/UHNW clients with complex planning needs.
• Conducts meetings, evaluates and recommends financial solutions to address client needs and long term goals.
• Participates in new business opportunities and prospect calls to represent Wealth Planning services and capabilities
• Collaborates with Business Development Officers, Trust Officers and Client Advisors in support of clients
• Partners with vendor partners, COIs and/or other internal resources in solution development and implementation
• Participates in the development of new Wealth and Trust marketing efforts and client events.
• Represents BPB/BPW to external audiences with respect to Wealth Planning capabilities and thought leadership.
• Keeps current with regulatory changes that impact our clients, and provides interpretation and support to Trust Officers and Client Advisors.
• Serves as a resource for other areas of the Bank with regard to Wealth and Trust & Fiduciary issues as they may arise.
• Engages the local estate and financial planning communities to ensure favorable visibility of the Bank and its trust and fiduciary capabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required. Graduate work including J.D. or similar strongly preferred.
• Additional educational certifications such as CFP®, CTFA strongly preferred.
• At least 10-15 years’ experience working directly with clients on trust and personal financial planning matters.
• Deep understanding of complex investments, tax, generational trust and estate planning.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills suggesting ability to enhance the Bank’s Trust and BPW’s Wealth Planning businesses—both internally and externally.