Boston Private is a leading provider of fully integrated wealth management, trust and private banking services. For more than 25 years, Boston Private has taken a highly personalized approach to serving the complex financial needs of individuals, families, business owners, private partnerships, nonprofits and community partners. Boston Private is also an active provider of financing for affordable housing, first-time homebuyers, economic development, social services, community revitalization and small businesses.
Headquartered in Boston, Boston Private has offices across the U.S. including Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and South Florida. Private banking and trust services are provided through Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. Wealth management services are provided through Boston Private Wealth LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser and a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.
The primary function of the loan funder position is to audit the closed loan files to ensure that prior to funding a loan the documents were prepared correctly, returned, and signed appropriately. The Funder is also responsible for creating a loan funding sheet and prepare the wire for loan disbursements. Due to the highly regulated nature of the mortgage business, the mortgage funder is responsible for ensuring the loan closed following all applicable mortgage lending regulations. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle numerous tasks, be detail oriented, and work well independently and under pressure. The secondary function of the loan funder will be to support the secondary market shipper with sending files to secondary market investors.
• Audit the closed loan file for completeness, accuracy, and appropriate signatures. Work with escrow and title company to reconcile any missing documents or signatures.
• Prepare the loan funding worksheet using data from the final Closing Disclosure and escrow/title company
• Prepare the loan disbursement wire
• Prepare and mail the Post Consummation Closing Disclosure, when necessary.
• Scan all legal closed files to Encompass.
• Set up permanent legal loan folders for all portfolio loans by organizing the credit legal file and shipping to the Boston Post Closing Team for review.
• Follow up on any portfolio loans post closing issues listed on the document error report and ship all final portfolio documents to Boston.
• Provide support for shipping secondary market loans to investors electronically according to each investor’s checklist. Including following up, reviewing, scanning and submitting all final documents and suspense documents for each secondary market loan to all investors
• Provide back up support to the rate lock desk. Including locking loans, extending loans, and resetting passwords.
• Ability to learn Banks Encompass processing system
• Order kitchen and office supplies for department as needed
• Mail cross sales and thank you letters to clients, referral sources and investors monthly
• Familiar with the concepts required to prepare a residential mortgage loan transactions including rescission rules, escrow analysis, loan caps/margin, program parameters and lending regulations.
• Familiar with all the documents required to complete a residential loan.
• Experience with reviewing closing documents for secondary market investors. This includes being familiar with using secondary market seller guides to locate investor documentation criteria.
• Detail oriented, be able to learn new concepts quickly and familiar with all residential lending regulations.